Yes, it rhymed. And yes, I meant it. Anybody wanna ______________? Anybody wanna… come on down and meet some cool authors in an awesome space? If you like Speculative Fiction and/or gaming. Come to GIFTS FOR GEEKS. Today 2 PM to 9 PM at AFK Elixirs & Eatery 3750 E Valley Rd Renton, Washington (425) 738-0025 http://afkeande.com/
Okay, ELEVEN short notes for NaNOvember…
- Free Fiction with Newsletter sign-up. Put your e-mail in the orange box to the left. I will send you a FREE e-book of Toils and Snares. If you’re already on my mailing list and haven’t read it, what are you waiting for?
- Here’s the first view of the updated cover art with Book I and Book II! So cool.
- PLEASE, PLEASE leave me an honest Review if you have read any of my books. If you’ve decided not to leave a review because you thought the book was only okay, please say that. One of my best friends gave me Three Stars on Outward Bound and explained in the review why he thought it deserved them. A volume of reviews, especially some that tell people why they might not like it helps me reach those who will. I created this Review meme for those of you who have seen Logan’s Run [and actually remember it! ;-)]
- Join my ‘street team’ The Desert Club [Pronounced Dessert club so it’s a play on The Breakfast Club which Lizzie loves.] and help me promote my books to new readers.
- Elevensies Sale continues. ALL IS SILENCE is still on sale and Toils and Snares AND Straight Into Darkness will be on sale 11/22 until 11/30.
- On my personal blog I’ve started a series called Not to 50, posts about approaching mid-life with humor and contemplation. This post is on losing things: hats, glasses, mind…
- As part of my ALL IS Science page, I wrote this guest post for my writer friends Richard Levesque on How the Power Stays On When The World Shuts Down.
- Pintado’s cover art for STRAIGHT INTO DARKNESS won one of five gold stars out of 110 covers for the October. Now ALL IS SILENCE is up for another award at COVER WARS. You can vote everyday! Scroll to the bottom to vote.
- November 28th, 2015. 12-4 pm. Local Author Signings. Barnes and Noble, Bellingham, WA.
- December 10, 2015. 5:00PM until 8:00PM. Holiday Book Festival. Bellingham Cruise Terminal. 17 local authors. Signing, chatting and selling. I’ll have books, t-shirts & ebook download cards.
- December 12, 2015: GIFTS FOR GEEKS II. 2:00pm – 9:00pm AFK Elixirs & Eatery. Signing, chatting and selling: books, t-shirts and ebook download cards.
- Visit to Juvie! I’ll be visiting the Whatcom County Juvenile Detention center to talk to the kids there and donate some books.
- In terms of writing NaNoWriMo is more like NaNOOOOwrimo for me. I don’t want to start No Man’s Land until I have the plot solid in my head. So I have about 3000 words of plot that I am counting, but very few actual words of noveling. I’m sort of thinking like Field of Dreams. If I build the plot, the words will come!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, this post is worth 10,123.
I don’t mention these often, but here’s a pretty phenomenal review in the Skagit Valley Herald for a twenty month old book. Thanks to Brian Soneda at the Mount Vernon Public Library.
Preorder up on Smashwords.
A cool screenshot of ALL IS SILENCE on Worldcat.
International appearance in Aukland, Australia!
And another in a WA library. Perth in Western Australia that is!
Side effect of presales on Amazon…
“Not to fifty!” “This is for posterity!
Some great numbers and quantities of reviews/rankings on GoodReads.
Almost a really cool number on wattpad is still a really cool number!
Thanks for taking a look if you made it this far! Hope to see all of you sometime in the next year!
A few random items at the last minute. I have a couple other blog posts in the works, but nothing is finished and one I wrote in January is already inaccurate. Sheesh… Time is flying. Oh, and Sunday is my 48th birthday. “Not to fifty….!” Fifty will be fine.
I had an absolute blast last month writing a guest story for Fourth Wall Friday, monthly blog-post that lets author or character walk through the fourth wall and interact. You can read my story, “You’re the author, get your own damn coffee.”
TOILS AND SNARES, A Deserted Lands Novella is available for pre-sale at Amazon. It’s on presale until February 28th. If you want a sample before you buy, come on over and read first four chapters of the second draft on Wattpad.
At nearly 40,000 words, it’s a lot longer than the 22,000 word novelette I intended to write. But I love the story arc. It gives a bit more information on the pandemic than ALL IS SILENCE did. I’m calling it a parallelequel because it takes place essentially over the same time period as ALL IS SILENCE, but with completely different characters. The setting is strictly Pacific Northwest, going from Portland, Oregon up to Lake Quinault in Washington.
Most of the characters in TOILS AND SNARES, will appear in a novel that connects to characters in ALL IS SILENCE. Seriously folks, I have a dozen or so storylines set over the next hundred years or so in the Deserted Lands alternative universe!
This weekend at RADCON 6C in Pasco I will get to see Mike Shepherd Moscoe, Alma Alexander, G. David Nordley again and I finally get to meet two writers I ‘met’ this year: Jim Hines and Ksenia Anske. Plus a whole bunch of other folks who sound really cool.