I’m starting The Desert Club [pronounced like Dessert, get it? Like Lizzie’s Breakfast Club fixation.] Street Team for fans of The Deserted Lands Universe. Be the first person on your block to join the Desert Club.
What do I get? A free ALL IS SILENCE T-Shirt [T-shirts for U.S. residents only. I have a special easier to mail prize for International members.] and loads of karma points.
What do I need to do? Wear the shirt in public. Help promote the Deserted Lands novels. Write reviews. Below I’ve got a checklist of things members can do to earn more cool swag!
There are FOUR LEVELS of membership. To go up a level, complete 11 of the 15 items below. I’ll make a Fifth Level when folks get there!
- Level I – Deserter
- Level II – Scavenger
- Level III – Recycler
- Level IV – Collector
Want to join? Sign up for the newsletter in the orange box to the left and then send me an e-mail email@example.com.
How do I do promote the Deserted Lands novels? Here are some ideas: (If you join and do at least 11 of the following actions, you win something cool! A checklist will come with the intro package.)
- Wear the shirt in public. Take a picture of it at a viewpoint or a historic site. Or in front of something from the book!
- Tell a friend about The Deserted Lands series. Tell dozens of friends. Help them sign up for my newsletter.
- Write reviews and rate the books, especially on Amazon, but you can also post them on other ebook sites, GoodReads, Booklikes, your local library sites, etc.
- Ask me questions on GoodReads, Facebook, Twitter and other social media.
- Find a quote and add it to the list of quotes on GoodReads.
- Create a meme from one of my quotes.
- Donate a copy to a local school library. Bonus points if it’s an alternative school or detention facility.
- Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other social media.
- Nominate a book or cover art for contests, book clubs, reading groups, etc. Vote if it’s allowed for the contests.
- Comment, forward and like blog posts, promos, reviews.
- Write a blog post about one of the books.
- Suggest songs for novel playlists.
- Request the books from your local library. They will often buy a copy. Check out book I then request book II.
- If you’re in the Pacific Northwest see if your local bookstore would like to have me do a reading/signing.
- Create your own Deserted Lands story. Make sure it fits the description of the world. If it uses characters I created you need my permission to publish it.
- __________________ Your choice? Tell me about it.